Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental work that improves the appearance of an individual’s teeth, gums and/or bite. Many regular dentists offer procedures that improve a person’s oral health and positively impacts the individual’s smile and overall appearance.
Discount dental plans include cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as:
- Dental Contouring: This is the process of reshaping or sculpting an individual tooth or several teeth. Chipped, crooked or excessively long teeth can get an instant result. In some cases it can be used in place of orthodontics.
- Bonding: This process is useful for excessively chipped, misshapen or uneven teeth. An enamel-like material applied to the tooth’s surface where it is shaped, hardened and then polished to a shine.
- Bridges: If one or more teeth are missing, dental bridges can fill in the gaps to correct the bite and improve speech and appearance. These false teeth are held in place by two crowns and are not removable like dentures.
- Veneers: This is when a thin layer of material is placed over a tooth in order to improve a discolored appearance or to protect the surface from damage.
- Crowns: Think of crowns as “caps” that encircle a tooth or dental implant to restore its appearance and function.
Specialists, such as prosthodontists and orthodontists, are further trained in techniques and more individualized procedures, such as dentures, implants and braces. These will not only improve your appearance, but your speech, bite and long term dental health will be positively impacted as well.
For regular dentists and specialists that offer a range of cosmetic dentistry procedures, turn to Key Discount Dental Plan. Contact one of our knowledgeable customer care representatives at (800) 539-4550 or join online now. This is not insurance.